How we keep your data secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures (for example, access to our website is secured using ‘https’ technology and access to payment card details is encrypted) to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those within our organisation that have a need to access it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are required to keep your personal data confidential.
How long we keep your data for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes we collected it for and to comply with any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine how long we keep your personal data for, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which it was collected and the potential risk of harm from us continuing to keep it.
If you have paid to attend an event, we will retain details of your order for a period of six years from the date of your order for tax purposes.
We will retain personal data relating to email marketing data (see Marketing) until you unsubscribe or your email address has become permanently unavailable.
We will retain the analytical data collected about your use of our website for a period of 25 months before 25 May 2018 and  months on and after 25 May 2018.
We may retain any data that does not identify you indefinitely.
Our email marketing campaigns can track whether you click any of the links contained in our emails. This helps us to understand what the recipients of our emails have found interesting and to personalise the content of emails that we may send to you in the future.
We use tiny invisible images called ‘pixels’ that are contained within emails to enable us to see:
– Whether you opened an email
– Where in the world the device used to open the email was located (based on your device’s IP address)
– The type of email client used to open the email
– Whether you shared the email on any social media platforms
– Whether you marked the email as spam
– Your overall level of engagement with our email marketing campaigns.
We use this data to improve the format and quality of our email marketing campaigns.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time either by contacting us or clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organisational measures. Certain areas of our websites may be password protected. If you are a user of our websites and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else.
We take steps to regularly validate the personal information we hold to ensure that the information is accurate and, where necessary, up to date. Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed by secure means.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
– Access: You have the right to request access to and be provided with a copy of the personal data held about you together with certain information about the processing of such personal data to check that are holding it lawfully
– Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you
– Deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove any personal data held about you where there is no good reason for us to continue holding it or where you have exercised your right to object
– Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict how we hold your personal data, for example, to confirm its accuracy or our reasons for holding it
– Objection: You have the right to object to our holding of any personal data about you which is based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party based on your particular circumstances. You also have the right to object to our holding your personal data for direct marketing purposes
– Portability: You have the right to receive or request that we transfer a copy of the personal data we hold about you in an electronic format where the basis of our holding such information is your consent or the performance of a contract and the information is processed by automated means
– Complaints: You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or any other EU supervisory authority in relation to how we collect and use your personal data
You will not have to pay any fee to exercise any of the above rights though we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if any request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Where this is the case, we will let you know.
To protect the confidentiality of your personal data we may ask you to verify your identity before fulfilling any request in relation to your personal data.
If you have any questions about this policy or your personal information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to IoT Tech Expo Marketing Manager, Armada House, Telephone Avenue, City Centre, Bristol, BS1 4BQ, or by calling + 44 1179 80 9023