Day 1 - 17 May 2023
Enterprise Security: Chairperson’s Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: The Cyber Security Landscape in 2023 and Beyond
- Implementing new procedures due to the challenges brought about by remote working, the increase of device usage, and more online activity through additional technologies.
- Describing challenges around the increase of cyber-attacks on a global scale.
- Introducing a culture of cyber security in organisations, with more businesses now introducing relevant policies.
Keynote Presentation: Third-Party Cyber Risks: Assessing Your Supply Chain
- Why should third-party risk management be central to your cyber security strategy?
- Identifying a higher risk vendor by using the relevant frameworks.
- Streamlining metrics effectively to remain secure.
Fireside Chat: Cloud Vulnerabilities and Cyber Resilience
- Understanding various cloud computing services and how they are used.
- Discussing best practices within cloud security, in order to be proactive rather than reactive.
- Choosing the right cloud provider which protects against misconfigurations, cyber-attacks, authentication, and access management.
Presentation: Cyber Insurance Risk Evaluation
- Improving your cyber readiness in advance of cyber insurance renewals.
- Recent challenges around cyber insurance policies, and predictions for future audits.
- How to be forward-thinking in the eyes of a cyber insurance underwriter.
Panel: Never Trust, Always Verify: The Zero-Trust Approach
- Explaining the importance of a zero-trust approach, and how it strengthens a company.
- Outlining the steps involved when implementing a zero-trust architecture.
- Adopting culture and leadership skills to sustain a mature cyber security practice.
Presentation: Inside the Mind of a CISO: What Keeps Them Up at Night?
- The balancing act of business disruption or data exposure.
- Staying abreast of new strategies, technologies and regulations to protect the organisation.
- Understanding how all areas of the company work, seeing the bigger picture.
Presentation: Data Loss Prevention is Better Than Cure: Detection and Response
- Strengthening data security practices and deploying the relevant software, to provide as much automation as possible.
- Educating the workforce so they can detect when a data loss prevention occurs and know how to respond appropriately.
- How to categorise and prioritise data, to understand when it is at risk.
Presentation: Safeguarding Your Organisation from Insider Threats
- Defining the various types of accidental and intentional insider threats.
- Reviewing protocols and controls for detection and monitoring.
- Reporting insider attacks in the smartest way to protect your organisation.
Networking Break & Lunch
Presentation: Cyber Security Compliance in Multiple Jurisdictions
- Recent data privacy laws in various geographical locations.
- Difficulties when adhering to multiple compliance schemes at once.
- Challenges for regulators as they try to keep up with rapidly surging cyber security threats.
- Finding the right cyber security program for assisting with compliance issues.
Presentation: How to Maintain a Culture of Security in the Workplace
- Creating information security policies which are transparent and commonly understood across the organisation.
- Making employees feel rewarded, empowered, and supported, so they react positively to company guidelines.
- Introducing a top-down plus a bottom-up approach.
Presentation: How to be an Ethical Hacker
- Assessing the weaknesses which an attacker would spot and therefore target.
- Working out what damage can be done with the information gained.
- Using this information to safeguard an organisation against future incidents.
Presentation: When Cookies Become Dangerous
- Asking the question of “what are we actually consenting to?” when it comes to cookies.
- The disastrous consequences of cookie hijacking and cookie poisoning.
- Which types of cookies should be configured or blocked to enable the strongest privacy protection.
Panel: Are We Entering a Passwordless World?
- Recent developments in MFA, biometrics, ZZO, SSO, and other alternatives to entering passwords; how these are evolving.
- The pros and cons of eliminating passwords altogether.
- Technological improvements to assist with authentication processes.
Presentation: Cyber Security & Compliance in Financial Services
- Complying with financial crime, cyber security, and data protection regulatory requirements.
- Implementing the most effective controls to mitigate digital payment security risks.
- Measuring risk appetite vs risk tolerance.
Presentation: Cyber Challenges in the Healthcare Sector
- Data breaches, ransomware and malware, vulnerability of legacy systems, insecure medical devices and equipment, insider threats, DDoS attacks, lack of documented cyber and governance policies, cloud-based threats, phishing attacks, lack of cyber awareness.
- Controlling systems and data proactively, so they are protected against cyber threats.
- Emphasizing the importance of information security across the workplace, not allowing data access to all employees.
Presentation: Addressing the Cyber Security Skills Gap
- Revealing current statistics of the overall cyber security staff shortage.
- Considering recruitment issues, such as aiming too high when it comes to certifications, but also hiring individuals with a limited skillset.
- Speaking about employee retention challenges, with the ever-changing cyber landscape.
End of Day
View day 2 content here: