Day 2 - 7th September
Privacy & Data: Chairperson’s Welcome
Global Director of Cyber Security
Royal BAM Group
10:00AM - Day 2
Under control: are Coronavirus restrictions a new reality for government surveillance?
- Discussing the impact of track and trace, lockdowns and other national restrictions
- Where does this stop in terms of surveillance, and are personal privacies under threat?
- Understanding new perceptions of reality
Senior Director, Partner Experience
10:20AM - Day 2
10:20AM - Day 2
The ever-changing landscape of Backup and Data Management
- The evolution of backup and data management has dramatically changed over the last 5 years. Organizations are looking for succinct data management solutions, validation of data and more importantly protection of data.
- All of these factors coupled with changing regulations and requirements means that those organizations need to continually look at their process and solution to ensure risk mitigation.
- Join David Weeks, Sr. Director of Partner Experience at N-able as he discusses these changes and how diversifying your stack and utilizing more of cloud solutions can ensure proper protocols are in place.
Senior Solutions Engineer
10:50AM - Day 1
10:10AM - Day 1
10:20AM - Day 1
Incident Management: Building Trust from the Inside Out
- Breaches bring to mind big headline-grabbing incidents and of course it is important to prepare for these, but incident management goes beyond disaster response. Smaller privacy occurrences require incident management – for example, do your colleagues know what to do if an email is sent to the wrong recipient? Risks aren’t limited to big-ticket incidents and being ready to respond helps create an open culture of trust and preparedness across your organization.
- We’ll discuss:
- Real examples of what constitutes an incident or breach and what to do when one takes place
- Best practices for your response plan and how to demonstrate your readiness
- Lessons learned from the fines and penalties resulting from recent breaches and incidents
Head of Sales UK
12:40PM - Day 1
11:20AM - Day 2
11:40AM - Day 2
Cloud Data Sovereignty and the CLOUD Act
IONOS Cloud’s Sab Knight will provide insights on how to maintain data sovereignty whilst meeting your company’s global business needs in a public cloud infrastructure. In this session, you will learn what is meant by a “Sovereign Cloud“, how to protect your company’s data and how to ensure your business is regulation-compliant. Expect:
- A deep dive into the US CLOUD Act and its relationship to GDPR
- A better understanding of the risks you could face.
- Hints on how to avoid legalised exposure of your data.
Global Head of Information Security
12:00PM - Day 2
Digital identity and secure culture
- With an ever-increasing threat of cybercrime, tighter regulations on the use of data and a proliferation of IoT devices and cloud usage – there has never been such an important time to create a Secure Culture and learn more about how to protect your digital identity.
- This talk will provide you with an insight into how hackers target your customers and what you can do to safeguard both yourself and your business. The talk will be hosted by FDM’s Group Head of Information Security, Patrick Wake, where he will show examples of how to create a positive secure culture, weaponise social media, conduct social engineering attacks and crack passwords
International Business Development
12:00PM - Day 2
12:20PM - Day 2
How the business takes control of access rights
- Why should access rights be managed by the business in the first place?
- What are the pitfalls in terms of technology and organization?
- How to implement POLP (Principle of Least Privilege) fast
- Why is the access review process a pivotal point in data security?
Panel: Levelling the playing field – what to have in your arsenal
- What are the best things to happen in the cyber arena in the last 18 months, and where is the future of the industry headed?
- How are start-ups approaching new and evolved threat models, and how can they ensure they can keep up with a constant new set of challenges?
- How are organisations developing creative solutions?
Winning The Phishing Arms Race – Graphical Attack Vectors – Are You Ready?
In this talk we will:
- Investigate the challenges faced by current programmatic AI systems
- The ways bad actors are making use of imagery and brands to both confuse victims and evade phishing detection systems
- The role Visual-AI is playing in detecting and blocking threats that programmatic AI can’t detect
Detective Superintendent | National Policing Director
NPCC National Cybercrime Programme | Cyber Resilience Centres
02:30PM - Day 2
NPCC National Cybercrime Programme – The Cyber Resilience Centre network and protecting the SME community
- Threats and Challenges
- The UK Law Enforcement response – Cyber policing history
- Cyber Resilience Centre network
- Digital Forensics – Team Cyber UK
Sales Manager UKI
02:50PM - Day 2
Harnessing the crowd
- Why have 1 tester behind a desk when you can utilise 1,500 virtually?
- In this session you will learn:
- Why the current model of penetration testing is dead.
- How security assessments can be tailored to an ever changing network.
- How to show ROI with ongoing program performance metrics based on Synack proprietary Attacker Resistance Score benchmarking.
Head of Security
01:00PM - Day 2
03:00PM - Day 2
Who Else Knows Where Your Devices Are?
- How cellular devices can be tracked
- Privacy and other concerns related to location
- How to maintain location privacy over cellular