Day 2 - 1 December 2023
Senior Lecturer in Cybersecurity
University of Bedfordshire
10:00AM - Day 2
Chairperson’s welcome and opening remarks.
Cyber Vulnerability Engineer
Motability Operations Ltd
10:15AM - Day 2
Presentation: Making your Cyber Security Program Effective in 2023
- Incorporating IAM elements into the program such as MFA, to prevent ransomware attacks.
- Teaching employees how to use programs correctly, so there is more awareness across departments.
- Highlighting the importance of zero-trust architecture, policy-as-code, and CI/CD pipelines.
Keynote Presentation: The Risks of Remote and Hybrid Working in the New Normal
- Establishing best training practices for employees, so that insider threats do not occur.
- Keeping your organisation protected against hackers once away from the office network, especially when working in public.
- Remaining vigilant when using personal devices, as they could be more vulnerable to cyber security risks.
- Emerging threats with mobile applications; which ones are becoming the most prominent?
Director, Product Management - Cyber Security | IT Risk Management | Assurance
11:15AM - Day 2
Presentation: Cyber Threat Intelligence: Mitigating Attacks in Cyberspace
- Detailing the classes of cyber threat intelligence, e.g. Tactical, Operational, Technical, Strategic, and Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT), along with their specific advantages.
- Collecting and analysing information successfully, using the best solutions, to defend against threat actors.
- Utilising data effectively and informing the right people at the right time, to stay ahead of the game.
Senior Cyber Security Manager
11:45AM - Day 2
Cyber Security Operations Lead
11:45AM - Day 2
Data Scientist, Cyber Crime Security Researcher
11:45AM - Day 2
Head of Technical Platform Architecture
11:45AM - Day 2
Panel: The Acceleration of AI and ML in Cyber Security
- Protecting AI programs and ML algorithms from cyber security attacks.
- Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to enhance business decisions.
- Focusing on the next steps for AI and ML in terms of digital transformation.
Senior Platform Manager - Cloud
12:25PM - Day 2
Presentation: Key Considerations for a Multi-Cloud Strategy
– Explore the concept of a multi-cloud strategy, highlighting its advantages and distinguishing it from other cloud approaches.
– How to navigate the complexity of a multi-cloud strategy by understanding the challenges.
– How to optimise the success of a multi-cloud strategy.
Presentation: DDoS Defence Strategies
- Information on major distributed denial of service attacks in recent times, e.g. Amazon Web Services and Google.
- Differentiating between DDoS and DOS to eliminate confusion between the two.
- Tips on how to apply fixes between your network and the threat actor.
Presentation: Cyber Security in the Metaverse
- Predicting new potential developments between cyber and the metaverse to solve real-world problems.
- Information on virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Common metaverse cyber security challenges when adopting to the metaverse.
- Top metaverse platforms to know about in 2023.
Presentation: Dodging and Detecting Deepfake Attacks
- Providing examples of deepfake technologies being used, and the harm caused.
- How to spot a deepfake, the signs to watch out for.
- Useful methods and frameworks which can be applied to combat deepfake attacks.
Presentation: Building a Successful SOC
- Developing a security infrastructure which is up to date with current organisational challenges and can monitor activity effectively, using automated tools.
- Choosing a team who possess a varied skill set, to enable powerful threat detection and response.
- Exploring the most common uses of managed SOC services.
Presentation: Emerging Technologies to Combat Ransomware
- Common TTPs when defending against ransomware.
- Cyber security issues brought about by IOT, 5G, quantum computing, and AI.
- Benefits of blockchain technologies.
- Considerations when taking out cyber insurance to prevent attacks.
Fireside Chat: Cloud Vulnerabilities and Cyber Resilience
- Understanding various cloud computing services and how they are used.
- Discussing best practices within cloud security, in order to be proactive rather than reactive.
- Choosing the right cloud provider which protects against misconfigurations, cyber-attacks, authentication, and access management.
Dr. Michalis Pavlidis
Principal Lecturer in Cyber Security
University of Brighton
03:30PM - Day 2
End of Day 2 – Chairperson’s Closing Remarks
End of Day 2 – Chairperson’s closing remarks.