IoT, Blockchain and AI: The 3 emerging technologies driving IT spending in 2018
In 2018, worldwide IT spending is predicted to hit $3.7 trillion, an increase of 4.5% from 2017 according to a recent report by Gartner. The increase in spending will be driven by emerging technologies; IoT, Blockchain and AI are projected to be the key growth areas.
Many feel the game-changer for emerging technologies lies in the convergence of IoT, Blockchain and AI. Recently IoT Tech Expo speaker, Cisco’s Maciej Kranz* stated that 2018 will be the time when the leading technologies of today; AI, IoT and blockchain will converge to power new solutions. And we can already see an example of this from Porsche which is currently testing IoT, AI and blockchain technology solutions for smart cars. The applications tested include locking and unlocking the vehicle via an app, temporary access authorisations and new business models based on encrypted data logging. Porsche states that this could be developed further, for example, to improve autonomous driving functions.
Considering the power of these 3 technologies – and the potential when used together, the IoT Tech Expo event will be hosted alongside the Blockchain Expo and AI Expo so attendees can explore the 3 ecosystems in 1, and gain insight into the impact they will have across a number of industries. The 2018 World Series is set to welcome 34,000 attendees, 1000+ industry leading speakers and 900+ exhibitors with events taking place in London on the 18-19 April, Amsterdam on the 27-28 June and Silicon Valley on the 28-29 November.
Over the two days, there will be 18 conference tracks with key topics examined including:
- Transport: Fleet management, railways, connected vehicles, road monitoring, airlines, maritime ports
- Supply Chain: Asset management, retail, consumer goods, geolocation, warehouse management, logistics, food tracking with blockchain, error reduction, data sharing
- Smart Buildings & Manufacturing: Connected factory & facilities management, smart factories, construction, process efficiency
- Energy & Utilities: Energy grid, analytics, smart grid data management, energy management systems, efficiency, predictive AI technologies, energy trading with blockchain applications
- Smart Cities: Intelligent city management, global city partnerships, sustainability, connectivity
- Finance & Insurance: transforming services through blockchain, smart contracts, cryptofinance, ICOs, banking, automated advisors, fraud reduction
- Healthcare: preliminary & automated diagnosis, virtual nursing assistants, robot-assisted surgery, moving patient data with blockchain, privacy and security
- Government & Public Sector: significance of emerging tech, legislation, regulation, ethics, economic & societal implications, potential blockchain uses for NGOs
- Marketing, Retail & Consumer Experience: chatbots, predictive analytics, deep learning tools for personalisation, algorithms, facial recognition, piracy, real estate
Speakers already confirmed for the London 2018 event include:
– Frank Ferro, Director IT Logistic Solutions, PostNL
– Peter Jackson, Chief Data Officer, Southern Water
– Maciej Kranz, Vice President, Strategic Innovation, Cisco
– Neil Marshall, Global Director, Coca Cola
– Deon Newman, CMO, IBM Watson IoT
– Blaine Tookey, Technology Principal, BP
– Richard Ayoade, Data Privacy Lead UK & Ireland, Philip Morris International
– Mirko Senatore, Director Supply Chain Network Solutions & Excellence, EMEA, Pfizer
– Ash Booth, Head of AI – Digital Assets, HSBC
– Vincent Doumeizel, VP Food and Sustainability, Lloyd’s Register
– Paul Middle, Global Partnering Director, Connected Insurance, RSA
– Maarten Ectors, Chief Digital Officer, Legal & General
– Jeremy Millar, Founding Board Member, Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
– Patricia Friedel, Strategy & Deployment Lead, Johnson & Johnson
– Kapil Dhar, Digital & Transformation CIO, Lloyds Banking Group
– Roberto Garcia, Head of Blockchain IT, Santander
– Steve Kearns, Stakeholder Manager, Technology Delivery Group, Transport for London
– Mark Simpson, Distinguished Engineer, Innovation Engineering, RBS
– Than Hartsock, Manager, Production System Solutions, John Deere
– Richard Jenkins, Head of Loss Prevention & RFID, Marks & Spencer
– Frauke Neuser, Associate Director Scientific Communications, P&G
– Michael Natusch, Global Head of AI, Prudential
– Gustaf Landahl, Head of Department, City of Stockholm
– Apurva Sinha, Head of Innovation & Information Management, Network Rail
– Juan Bernabe Moreno, Head of Advanced Analytics & Data Lab, E.ON
– Alexander Holt, Head & Champion, CivTech® Programme, Scottish Government
– Pardeep Bassi, Head of Data Science, LV=
– Kerry Malone, Head of UX & Design, EDF Energy Innovation Lab
– David Midgley, Group Telematics Manager, JCB
– Simon Fabri, Technical Director – Connected Home, Schneider Electric
– Lord Tim Clement-Jones, Chair of the House of Lords AI Select Committee, UK Parliament
– Roberto Hortal, Digital Innovation and Product Director, Co-op
– Mark Meyrick, Head of Smart Grids, Ecotricity
– Johanna Juselius, Senior Advisor, EU Affairs, Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council
– Serdar Gürbüz, Digital Innovation Manager, Turkish Airlines
– Borg Exelmans, EMEA Vegetables IT Director (Regional CIO), Monsanto
– Stephen Moran, Head of Research, Bank of Ireland Innovation
In addition to 18 conference tracks, there will be a joint exhibition of 300+ companies showcasing the latest technologies and innovations within IoT, Blockchain and AI. There will also be a dedicated start-up zone in partnership with IBM, Arrow and Indiegogo.
There are a range of tickets available including free expo passes which allow access to the exhibition and the open conference tracks across the 3 shows. For full conference and networking access, register for a Gold or Ultimate Pass. Find out more about ticket types here.
You can view the ticket options and register for the London event here.
IoT Tech Expo World Series 2018. All 3 shows are co-located with the Blockchain Expo and AI Expo.
IoT Tech Expo Global – 18-19 April – Olympia London
IoT Tech Expo Europe – 27-28 June – RAI Amsterdam
IoT Tech Expo North America – 28-29 November – Santa Clara, Silicon Valley
For speaking, sponsorship and exhibitor enquiries please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0) 117 980 9023.
© istockphoto/ imaginima & Porsche.com